Like the title says, I'm a Mormon, or a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Although I will strive to be accurate in all my commentaries, you need to know that my opinions are not necessarily those of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. To read more about the church, go to the source at www.ChurchOfJesusChrist.org.

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Graven Upon His Palms

Archive of messages sent while serving as a bishop in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

“Yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me” (1 Nephi 21:15-16). 

This is one of my favorite scriptures and illustrations of the atonement. The thought of being “graven” on the palms of the Savior’s hands makes me feel the personalized nature of His sacrifice. 

Too often we believe strongly in what He has done and can do for others, but we fail to understand that His atonement is for each of us individually. As we study the final moments of Christ’s earthly ministry this week, consider what Christ did for you personally. 

-Bishop Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment