Like the title says, I'm a Mormon, or a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Although I will strive to be accurate in all my commentaries, you need to know that my opinions are not necessarily those of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. To read more about the church, go to the source at www.ChurchOfJesusChrist.org.

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Miracles

 Have you seen miracles lately? Maybe the ever-changing, ever-evolving, and ever-frustrating circumstance we find ourselves in is keeping us distracted from the good that is happening around us.

Last week’s fast helped me look more closely at the great things going on around us. If you haven’t seen this global Facebook group about the fast, I encourage you to check it out here. The group is full of inspiring stories from around the world and from nearly every religion. It’s a great reminder of the goodness in the world and one of the many miracles of the fast.
Besides worldwide miracles, what miracles are happening in your home?
I know in the Sullivan home, between fighting over homework, or screen time, or anything else, I actually see my kids getting along better. I see them developing better relationships with each other. And family time is becoming even more sacred.
In our ward and neighborhood, I see ministering fulfilling its purpose. Neighbors and ward members supporting each other to a greater degree than ever before. Treats and notes are on doorsteps. Primary teachers and youth leaders are still fulfilling their callings in a new way. There is simply more love and unity.
These are miracles.
God is interested in the details of our lives. He loves us and wants us to become like Him. It may not be His will to eradicate this disease at this time, but it will always be His will to love us, help us, and show Himself to us through these daily miracles.
Bishop Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment